Hockey: Ms M Peters
To develop self esteem, self motivation & self discipline
To improve personal fitness, confidence and develop game skills
To have a good basic knowledge of the rules of the game
To develop understanding of team work
To teach and instill good sportsmanship and behaviour
To develop referees and coaches
Seven teams were entered into leagues ranging from u/9 to u/14. All age groups had B-teams except for the u/11's. League matches were played once a week.
1. Collegiate festival -u/14 at Collegiate
2. St George's festival-u/9,u/10 and u/14 at Crusaders
3. Outenique tournament-u/14 in George
4. Erica Astro Night Festival-u/11 and u/14 at Westering astro turf
5. 7- a side at Sunridge
6. Gr 1& 2 Summerwood Festival
7. Riebeeck tournament- u/10, u/11 & u/14
8. Collegiate sports day -u/11
1. Outeniqua - George
2. Hudson Park-East London
3. Elkanah House
4. Somerset House- Somerset West
1. Westering derby day
2. Sunshine festival
The u/14A and B teams were exposed to astro turf once a week for an hour .
u/11's practiced once a week at Londt Park because of lack of space on school field.
Goalies received specialized coaching from a past SA hockey player on a fairly regular basis. (Business commitments)
All coaches form u/9 to u/14 attended level '0' coaching course which was presented by Gary Dolley.